Personal Information Protection Policy
The Company recognizes its responsibility to society to protect all Personal Information (including "Specific Personal Information") handled by the Company in connection with its mobile telecommunications equipment rental operations, sales operations and digital contents of the Company and protects the rights of information owners and observes laws and regulations concerning Personal Information and other relevant norms and standards. Moreover, in order to accomplish the matters described below, the Company has created Personal Information protection management systems, constantly practices awareness of the latest trends in IT technology, changes in the expectations of the public, and shifts in the economic environment, etc., and engages in continuous Company-level efforts to implement improvement measures.
- The Company acquires, uses, and provides Personal Information within the limits of appropriate business execution, staff recruitment, and personnel management, etc. The Company does not handle Personal Information outside the scope necessary for the attainment of its specified purposes of use. The Company takes necessary steps to that end.
- The Company observes personal information protection laws and regulations, governmental guidelines, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that is applied in Europe, and other norms and standards.
- In order to safeguard the accuracy and safety of Personal Information, the Company implements information securities measures and other safety management precautions, and makes efforts to prevent that Personal Information is accessed without authorization, lost, destroyed, falsified, or divulged. Moreover, steps shall be taken to ensure immediate mitigation in case of a relevant event.
- The Company responds promptly and in good faith to complaints and consultations concerning its handling of Personal Information. Moreover, the Company responds in accordance with laws and regulations to request from customers asking for the disclosure, etc. (meaning any of Notification of Purpose of Use, disclosure, correction, supplementation, deletion, or termination of use or termination of provision) of their own Personal Information held by the Company that is subject to disclosure.
- In order to protect the Personal Information of customers and to accommodate changes in laws, regulations, and other norms and standards, the Company reviews its Personal Information protection management system in a timely and appropriate manner and continuously implements improvements.
- The Company may change its policy for how personal information is handled without notice. When changes do occur, all changes will be announced at the bottom of the Personal Information Protection Policy. In an event where a major change is to occur regarding how personal information is handled, the Company will announce the changes on its website clearly.
Contact for complaints, consultations, and requests for disclosure, etc.
Telecom Square, Inc.
Customer Personal Information Service Desk
Address: Homat Horizon Bldg. 3F, 6-2 Gobancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-0076
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 03-3239-3278 Business hours: Mon-Fri 10:00-16:00
Enacted: April 1, 2005
Last revised: January 1, 2019
Telecom Square, Inc.
Yuji Yoshitake, Representative
Director and President
Concerning the Handling of Personal Information
Personal information such as the name and address of customers handled by the Company in connection with the mobile telecommunications equipment rental operations, sales operations of the Company, digital contents of the Company (including information concerning transactions between customers and the Company or between customers and external service providers of the Company; hereinafter, "Personal Information") is treated as follows in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Policy of Telecom Square, Inc. In cases where the customer is a minor, personal information is given with the consent of parent or guardian of the minor.
※ Minor in this article will refer to the age of under 20 in Japan. For any other country than Japan, this article will follow the legal age considered in that country.
Concerning the purpose of use of Personal Information handled by the Company
The Company uses acquired Personal Information within the scope of the following purposes.
A duration period of how long personal information is stored will depend on the length it will take for the purpose of use to be completed. Once the duration expires or when the purpose of use is met, these personal information will be disposed.
- Personal Information
held by the Company
- Purpose of use
- Service provision
- For the mobile telecommunications equipment rental services and related services provided by the Company.
- For the digital content service provided by the Company.
- For the marketing of products traded by the Company.
- For marketing purposes, including marketing/advertising according to interests, and other products and services of our company.
- For data to be linked with external services.
- For the implementation of questionnaire surveys and the analysis of survey results.
- For the analysis of service usage, analysis of policy implementation, measurement of the effectiveness of policy implementation, analysis for the planning of new services, analysis for service quality improvement and customer service improvement, and for other types of analysis and survey implementation.
- For responding to customer opinions, wishes, and inquiries.
- For the prevention of improper contracts, improper usage, and non-payment, and for surveys and responsive action should any of the above occur.
- Dissemination of direct mail, etc.
- For the dissemination of direct mail or e-mail concerning information on seminars, exhibitions, and product presentation events hosted, co-hosted, or endorsed by the Company.
- For the dissemination of direct mail or e-mail concerning information on services and products by the Company.
- Recruiting and personnel management
- Management of job applicants and as reference for matters pertaining to personnel management, work organization, welfare, and administrative tasks.
- Service provider operations
- For the performance of service provider operations by the Company.
Note 1: This information constitutes no Personal Information subject to disclosure for the purposes of the Company.
Concerning Company’s security
Websites operated and managed by the Company, including webpages where personal information is required, uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption technology for customers to be able to input personal information safely. By using SSL, all data inputted from customers PC will be encrypted before sent through the network to the registered computer.
Note: SSL is an encryption technology which prevents data breach from occurring by establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser.
Concerning the handling of outsource of personal information to third parties by the Company
The Company can outsource tasks underlying the procurement of goods and the provision of services by the Company with regard to its normal business operations to a third party.
Inquiries by telephone
The Company can make recordings of telephone calls in order to enhance the quality of customer service as well as for reference purposes.
Concerning about handling of Anonymously Processed Information
- Creating Anonymously Processed Information
The Company will deal with anonymously processed information (Information where taken from a particular individual which is edited in a way that cannot be restored. This data must follow the rules and process defined and applied by law) as per below.
- To edit the information in a way which abides by the laws and regulations.
- Place in safety measure that are approved by laws and regulations to prevent data breach of deleted information and how the data was edited.
- To announce the information category included with the anonymously processed information.
- To not use the source personal information to identify a particular individual.
- Providing Anonymously Processed Information
When providing Anonymously Processed Information to a third party, the Company will specify that the information providing is Anonymously Processed Information, and the information will include information category along with how the information will be provided.
Concerning personal information subject to disclosure
- Corporate name
Telecom Square, Inc.
- Personal information protection manager
General Manager, General Affairs Group
- Purpose of use of Personal Information subject to disclosure
For details concerning the purpose of use of Personal Information held by the Company that is subject to disclosure, see above in "Concerning the purpose of use of Personal Information handled by the Company."
- Contact for complaints concerning the handling of Personal Information subject to disclosure
Telecom Square, Inc.[Customer Personal Information Service Desk]
Address: Homat Horizon Bldg. 3F, 6-2 Gobancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Tel: 03-3239-3278 Business hours: Mon-Fr 10:00-16:00
- Accrediting Personal Information Protection Organization
The Company is accredited by JADAC, accreditation organizations with respect to personal information. For opinions, requests, or complaints concerning the handling of Personal Information by the Company, the information desks of the after-mentioned personal information accreditation organizations can be contacted.
JADAC Information Desk
Center for the Protection of Personal Information in Telecommunications
Sugamo Muromachi Bldg., 2-11-1 Sugamo, Toshima-ku, Tokyo (A unit of Japan Data Communications Association)
Business hours: Mon - Fri 10:00 - 12:00 and 13:00 - 15:00 (Closed on weekends, national holidays, and New Year holidays)
- Concerning requests for disclosure, revision, addition, deletion, suspension of service, elimination etc. (hereinafter disclosure), of Personal Information subject to disclosure
The Company will respond appropriately in case of requests from customers asking for disclosure, etc., of their Personal Information held by the Company that is subject to disclosure. Disclosure requests should be made as follows.
Documents required for disclosure requests
In order to make a disclosure request, please download the prescribed application form below. Please mail or hand-deliver the form to the Company together with the necessary documents.
Application for disclosure, etc. (PDF)
Power of attorney (PDF)
A public document identifying you as the owner of the requested information (or the agent of the information owner) must be presented.
Public documents usable for personal identification (PDF)
(Requests for Notification of Purpose of Use or disclosure requests incur a charge of ¥1,000 (including VAT). If sent by postal mail, cash registered mail should be used.)
- Mailing address for request forms
Homat Horizon Bldg. 3F, 6-2 Gobancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-0076
Telecom Square, Inc. Customer Personal
Information Service Desk
After a request has been received, it takes about two weeks for the Company to issue a written response.
[Concerning the handling of Personal Information of customers obtained through disclosure requests]
Personal Information of customers obtained by the Company through disclosure requests is handled exclusively within the scope necessary for responding to the disclosure request.
Telecom Square, Inc. has acquired 'Privacy Mark' that certifies operators who handle personal information properly by the Japan Information Processing Development Corporation (JIPDEC).
This document was prepared in Japanese and translated into English. The Japanese text is the original and the English text is for reference purposes only. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these two texts, the Japanese text shall prevail.